Saturday, March 27, 2010

Greatest Dad of All




Happy Birthday Dad,

I’m sorry at times I drive you mad,

But I thank God for my awesome dad,

And all the love from him I get.



At times you are strict and stern,

Even Beauty dare not move or turn,

But when you take off your iron mask,

You’ll give us everything we ask.



TV, you never seem to spare,

I guess Manda would want her share,

But always whenever you are not there,

Both of us will be on the big sofa chair.



My studies are your main concern,

To be a good doctor I will learn,

Not because of the money I can earn,

But souls I could save from hell to burn.



I’m amazed by your Gideon passion,

Serving God was your only mission,

And winning souls with God’s provision,

Someday I’ll be like you with a greater vision.



Swimming ten laps in the morning sounds crazy,

Your ping pong skills never cease to amaze me,

Well, I’m training here as hard as a bee,

Will beat you flat, just you wait and see.



Dad, your hair looks just great,

Don’t worry if it turns a little grey,

You are already handsome all the way,

And mum is lucky to have you in her bay.



As age catches up,

Human body does wear out,

It’s normal for BP to get up,

Just relax and work it out.



Thank you for paying all my bills,

And taking care of me when I am ill,

I promise to be good which I will,

And live by grace following God’s will.



You were so busy yet you came to India to see me,

So many Goa beaches we went and see,

We ate so much curry, fish and chapatti,

Luckily your stomach did not break free. Hehe!!




If there’s a best dad award,

You would already receive that,

For being such a wonderful dad,

Standing by me when times are bad.



I thank God for March 28th this day,

For 52 years ago this was a special day,

For without you, I won’t be here today,

I love you dad, Blessed Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment